Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Share This with the Women In Your Life!

Please share this with the women in your life! I am writing to share a pleasant experience for one of the most unpleasant radiographic tests a woman can endure. It is the dreaded mammography. If you are over 35 (in some instances) and definitely over 40 years of age, this test is necessary annually. Please remember, due to the new health care reform guidelines, routine preventive mammograms are covered at 100%, NOT subject to copayments or deductibles.

I have been hearing a great deal of positive feedback from women who had their tests at the Breast Center, located at the west entrance of the Helen Graham building at Christiana Care, so I decided to give it a try.

My appointment was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. I was asked to arrive 15 minutes early to complete the necessary paperwork. I was greeted by a woman sitting at an open table (not behind the frosted window that slides back and forth) where I gave my name. She stood up, greeted me, shook my hand and ushered me to a private cube where I sat one-on-one with an extremely personable woman. The process took less than 5 minutes and I was directed to have a seat in the reception room. At exactly 9:30 a.m., I was called back to the x-ray area. As you can imagine, I wasn’t in the reception area for very long, however, I did have time to notice the magazines were all up-to-date with plenty genres to select from, including sports illustrated if you were lucky enough to be accompanied by the man in your life.

By this time, I was in contact with quite a few employees at this facility and every single person mentioned me by name and then asked me to verify my date of birth. Either they were extremely efficient or litigious; nonetheless, it was quite impressive.

While I was waiting for the results of the films, I noticed the waiting area was tastefully decorated and had refreshments that included coffee, tea, hot chocolate and healthy snacks, i.e. granola bars strategically placed in baskets all around the room. It was a very welcoming and warm environment. At one point, an employee stopped in the waiting room and asked if everyone was doing okay and to please come forward if they thought the wait seemed extraordinarily long. I was flabbergasted by this grand gesture and noticed no one had a complaint.

After one hour and 10 minutes, I walked out of the building. I’ve had many mammograms over the years and have never been treated so nicely or with such efficiency. It was my choice so I waited for a doctor to read my results. However, if you choose to leave after the films are taken, your visit will definitely be shorter and one of the staff members will call you in a timely fashion.

Please see the contact information below and I urge you to make your appointment when it is timely.

Breast Center
Helen F. Graham Center
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road
West Entrance, Suite 1400
Newark, DE 19713

Phone: 302-623-4200

Hours of Operation: M-TH 7 a.m. – 6 pm; Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Lori DiBattista, Senior Account Manager Lori is licensed in Life and Health in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Florida. Lori is actively involved in the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors and serves on United’s Advisory Council. Lori is also a long-time volunteer with the Special Olympics of Delaware and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment